Born 17th March, 1972 in Kyiv (Ukraine).
Education and scientific career:
1995 – Faculty of Cybernetics, National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv
2000 – PhD.
2008 – Habilitation in Physics and Mathematics (doctor phisyko-matematychnyh nauk).
2002-2008 – associate professor
2004-2006 – deputy dean of faculty of cybernetics
since 2009 – professor
since 2014 – head of Operations Research Department
Scientific interests in 2023:
1. Random discrete structures (random compositions, coalescents, branching random walk with complex parameter etc.).
2. Functional limit theorems and laws of the iterated logarithm.
3. Nested occupancy schemes in random and non-random environment. Iterated perturbed and iterated standard random walks.
4. Locally perturbed random walk and a skew stable Lévy process.
5. Applications of the renewal theory (in particular, to locally perturbed random walks, perpetuities and convolutions of the renewal processes).
Travel schedule for the near future (and recent past):
- Workshop on Branching-Type Structures, September 03-05, 2018, Zurich, Switzerland.
- One month of teaching and one month of research in School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xidian university, December, 2018-January 2019, Xi’an, China.
- Visit to Institute of Mathematics, Wroclaw University (Poland), March 11- March 16, 2019 (invited by Dariusz Buraczewski).
- Conference “Probability and Analysis 2019”, May 20-24, 2019, Bedlewo, Poland.
- Two weeks of research and two weeks of teaching in School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xidian university, June 15-July 13, 2019, Xi’an, China.
- Visit to Institute of Mathematics, Innsbruck University (Austria), August 18- August 27, 2019 (invited by Matthias Meiners).
- Conference “Branching in Innsbruck”, September 23-26, 2019, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Visit to Probability and Statistics group, University Paris 13 (France), October 14-October 25, 2019 (invited by Bastien Mallein).
- Conference “Journees MathSTIC 2019”, October 21-23, 2019, Paris, France.
- Visit to Institute of Mathematical Stochastics, TU Dresden (Germany), February 16-February 21, 2020 (invited by Wojciech Cygan)
- Conference “Probabilistic Aspects of Harmonic Analysis 2020”, May 10-16, 2020, Bedlewo, Poland.
- Conference “Probability and Analysis 2022”, September 19-23, 2022, Wroclaw, Poland.
- A one day conference at IHP, March 15, 2023, Paris, France (online presentation).
- Workshop “Random discrete structures”, March 20-24, 2023, Münster, Germany.
- June 03-25, 2023: visit to Mathematical Institute of University of Giessen (Germany) by invitation of Matthias Meiners (two lectures on Lp-convergence of the Biggins martingale with complex parameter); visit to Mathematical Institute of University of Bielefeld (Germany) by invitation of Vitali Wachtel (a talk on decoupled random walks).
married, two children (daughter and son).